There are dozens of advantages of recumbent exercise bikes, and this article will highlight what I believe to be the top 10.
A recumbent exercise bike is an exercise bike which allows you to lean back slightly while pedaling away and getting an incredible exercise. It’s great for those with lower back problems and can give you a better workout than most other forms of exercise.
If I were to give you tips for physical fitness, buying your own personal recumbent exercise bike would be at the very top of the list.
I could go on for days talking about how I love them, but I’ll make it short and sweet for you.
Here is a short list of the top 10 advantages of recumbent exercise bikes.
1. They’re affordable – Although a few hundred dollars might seem like a lot of money, it’s really not if you consider how much money you’d spend at a gym. $40 or so per month, gas money and your own time taken out of your life to get there.
2. They’re Quick – There’s no need for workouts over 1 hour. With these bikes you can easily get a great workout within 20 minutes. Or if you’d like, you can set it at a lower resistance level and workout longer. It’s up to you!
3. Build Leg Strength – Because of the nature of recumbent exercise bikes, you can build up a good deal of leg strength. By setting it at a harder resistance level you can both challenge your muscles to get stronger as well as have a quicker workout, as mentioned earlier.
4. Incredible Fat Loss – Exercise bikes are known as one of the best ways to lose weight. Have you ever seen a bike rider who was fat? Very doubtful. It’s very easy to get a great workout, and with the pre-programmed workout plans they have within the bikes, you don’t even have to figure out what to do!
5. Cardiovascular Improvement – Just like other forms of cardiovascular training, exercise bikes will improve the efficiency of your lungs. No more getting out of breath by simply walking up a flight of stairs. No more stopping to catch your breath when doing work around the house. You’ll have lungs of steel!
6. It’s Fun – Out of all the ways to exercise, I’ve always thought of riding on an exercise bike as one of the most fun. Of course it can get a little monotonous like any other form of exercise, but it’s extremely easy to change resistance levels so you can just switch to a different workout in seconds.
7. Watch TV At The Same Time – Although I always recommend staying focused on working out and not watching TV while doing it, you can do what you’d like. After all, if you would have skipped a workout to watch your favorite show it’s better to watch it while riding your bike than to skip it altogether. Because of this, exercise bikes are a great way to get extra exercise without taking up extra time in your life.
8. They’re Safe – Although weight lifting and running don’t cause as many injuries as people think they do, one of the greatest advantages of recumbent exercise bikes is that they’re very safe. Unless you’re pedaling as fast as you possibly can until you can’t breath anymore, it’s pretty difficult to hurt yourself on these bikes.
9. Anyone Can Do It – Because they come with varying forms of resistance, recumbent exercise bikes are great for anyone to do. If you’re very out of shape, simply turn the resistance down. If you’re in great shape, turn it up – it’s as simple as that!
10. They Don’t Take Up Room – Although recumbent exercise bikes aren’t tiny, they aren’t that big either. It’s very easy to squeeze one into the corner of any room. They don’t take up the entire room like some other pieces of exercise equipment do.
As you can see, there are many advantages of recumbent exercise bikes. To see what other people think about them, you can look up recumbent exercise bike reviews online – as well as other tips for physical fitness.
Do yourself a favor and look into buying one of these incredible machines. A little money today will go a long way towards better health and feeling great the rest of your life.