You are not the only one who gets tired and worn after an exhausting yet fulfilling day of doing your favorite sport or hobby. Your action camera pretty much also gets the same brunt of stress from your activities more or less. This is the reason why proper maintenance and care for your gadget is a very important step in owning an action camera. Not only do you need it to prolong its shelf life, it will also let you enjoy shooting high quality videos more.
Here are some essential tips and trade secrets that you can follow to keep your action camera at its best state.
1. Immediately clean your camera after using it. Sand, grime, and water stuck on its surface can cause damages to your hardware if you let them sit there for too long. Remove the casing since it is the one that has the most dirt and clean it off using tap water.
2. Here’s a quick trick you can try if you don’t want to wait for the casing to dry. Get a hair blower, put it on its coolest, and use it to dry your casing after you’ve shook off the excess water from it from washing. Using a rag towel is not really recommended here because you may scratch the surface if you rub the wrong way.
3. After the casing, take out your lens as carefully as possible. Handle it with care because even a small scratch can already compromise the quality of your pictures and videos. To clean this, use only the special lens cloth and zoom lens cleaning liquid.
For a little extra something, get a Rain-X car windshield spay and spritz some at your lens and inside part of the camera’s casing. This will make dirt easily go off from your casing on your next use and also prevent the appearance of bubbles in front of your lens when you’re shooting underwater. Wipe the excess solution and wait for the remaining to dry.
4. To clean the body of your camera, use again a lint free cloth and a lens cleaning fluid to remove the dirt. Do not pour the fluid directly into your camera’s body since it may cause damage when used in large doses. Instead, pour sparingly on the cloth and just use it to wipe your camera’s exterior.
5. Though many think it is not much of an importance, cleaning the camera bag is actually very important as well. You may end up scratching your gadget all the same if you leave it dirty with sand and other grime. So before putting your camera back on it, make sure you wipe down the bag’s interior first.
These tricks can bring you a long way when it comes to taking care of your action camera. Follow them and you’ll enjoy your gadget’s performance for a much longer time.